Here’s a mash-up of the classic icebreaker game, “Ninja”, with a Bible trivia twist.
This high-energy game can be used year-round and doesn’t require any prep.
Your preteens are going to have lots of fun.
– Nick Diliberto, Ministry to Preteens
PRETEEN MINISTRY GAME: BIBLE TRIVIA NINJA
This fun game requires students to be quick, use a little bit of strategy, and display their amazing ninja skills.
The goal of the Bible Trivia Ninja game is to be the last ninja standing.
HOW TO PLAY THE GAME
Have all of your students stand in a circle, facing each other, in the middle of the room.
To begin, have everyone say together, “Bible. Trivia. Ninja!”
Then, everyone will freeze in a ninja pose.
Choose a student to go first.
Going clockwise, the person whose turn it is must try and hit someone’s hand in a ninja-life motion, either to the left or the right of them.
On a player’s turn, he or she is allowed one motion: one smooth motion to attack another player, or one smooth motion to move somewhere (to jump or take a large step in any direction).
After you strike a pose, you must hold this new position.
You are not allowed to move from your ninja pose unless: someone is trying to hit your hand or it is your turn.
To stay in the game, you must not let anyone hit your hand.
If someone hits your hand, you will have the opportunity to answer a Bible Trivia question correctly, or you must leave the game.
Use the below questions for the students to answer if they are struck by another “ninja” during the game. You might have to come up with more questions of your own. The question is their life-line to stay in. If they get it correct, they continue to play. If not, they’re out. Continue playing until only one player remains.
Questions to ask:
- In what city was Jesus born? Bethlehem
- What is the shortest book in the New Testament? 2 John
- What was the first thing that God created? Light
- What was the boat Noah built called? An ark
- What food do we ask God to give us in the Lord’s prayer? Bread
- What young boy defeated a giant? David
- What prophet was swallowed by a fish? Jonah
- What was the name of Jesus’ mother? Mary
- What did Jesus’ father do for a job? Carpenter
- Which of the apostles betrayed Jesus? Judas
- What is the last book of the New Testament? Revelation
- Who wore the coat of many colors? Joseph
- How many times did Peter deny Jesus? Three
- Who was David’s great friend? Jonathan
- Who was the first murderer? Cain
- How many chapters are in the Book of Psalms? 150
- What is the first book in the Bible? Genesis
- What was Ruth’s husband called? Boas
- Who was the king of Israel when David killed Goliath? Saul
- Who was the father of David? Jesse
- Who ate honey out of a lion’s carcass? Samson
- Who were the parents of Cain and Abel? Adam and Eve
- What sign did God give Noah that He would not destroy the earth with a flood again? Rainbow
- What did King Solomon ask God to give him? Wisdom
- What kind of work did Zacchaeus do? Tax Collector
Like this game?
GO HERE to view our preteen ministry curriculum.
GO HERE to view our youth and children’s ministry curriculum.